“God doesn’t show up when we show up. God has been here on the move for decades, even centuries.”Nate Ledbetter
Are you curious about visiting or thinking about worshipping with Church on the Block?
All are welcome, but please know that our primary emphasis is with those who reside on the West Side.
We’re highly committed to be a church that’s with and of the neighborhood.
If you’re visiting, we invite you to consider a few starting points:
- Come to LISTEN, LEARN, OBSERVE, and BE
- One of the best things any of us can do as neighbors is simply BE with one another. Enter each other’s stories.
- While the media covers mainly one story, we believe there is beauty all around us. There are many assets, gifts, talents, and amazing people here.
- We invite you to discover the beautiful story of God’s movement in Austin.
- “Principles for Helpers” and Charity Detox by Robert D. Lupton
“The first step toward love is a common sharing of a sense of mutual worth and value.”Howard Thurman, Jesus and the Disinherited, pg. 98