“Empower the parent, impact the child.”Cynthia Smith-Peterson
Youth on the Block exists to build student’s CHARACTER by pointing students toward CHRIST in order to send students out as COMMUNITY LEADERS to CREATE alternative environments for others to FLOURISH spiritually, socially, and economically.
What are the standards by which we’re raising our youth?
We believe it takes a village to love all of our children well. Youth on the Block is committed to:
- Partner with parents through mutual support and clear communication
- Define clear expectations with love, freedom of expression, and guidance
- Invite youth to lead NOW for today and tomorrow
- Affirm the dignity of each student to become who God made them to be
- Be people of integrity who live a lifestyle of love in Christ
- Provide positive, responsible adult role models as adults who empower
- Create a caring environment where students are safe
- Set goals and teach transferable skills that last for life
- Introduce core words such as LOVE, PEACE, UNITY, COMMUNITY, & FAITH
- Remove barriers and create access to learning opportunities (incentive based)
- Practice RESTORATIVE JUSTICE among youth who need additional guidance
- Invite youth to dream with prophetic IMAGINATION, grit, curiosity, awe, and wonder
What opportunities can students join now?
- Sunday worship
- Mid-week gatherings
- Fall, Winter, and Summer retreats
- Summer youth explosions (planning stages)
- Back to School Day Store (date TBD)
- Soul Cafe: spoken word venue
- Polar Express Family Movie Nights (Christmas)
- Christmas on the Block Family Store
- Family Movie Nights
- Parent Orientations
Sundays: Children – ages 2-10
For questions, please contact Hope Brock at 309-620-3160.
Celebration Place is designed to inspire kids with hope, joy, and happiness while they learn to rely on God.
Celebration Place provides an environment where kids can discover…
- Hope for all the amazing things God has in store for them.
- Truths that help them overcome life’s challenges by learning to lean on Jesus.
- Joy as they embark on a wonderful, year-long journey of songs, games, videos, impactful experiences, and great conversation.
- Friendships with other children.
For questions, please contact Hope Brock at 309-620-3160
At Church on the Block, students will have opportunity to grow as leaders by planning spoken word events, youth explosion events, participate in Sunday worship, learn transferable skills, and attend summer, fall, and winter retreats while:
- Examining the past decisions that led them to where they are today.
- Talking about the patterns and behaviors that keep them trapped.
- Pursing the life-changing truths of freedom found throughout the Bible.
- Committing to living differently and building healthy relationships with family members, adult leaders and trusted peers.
A Few Youth Resources